Shapefile to .CRD Coordinate File?

Jump to solution
08-08-2014 07:47 AM
DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

I am working with a surveyor who is requiring some of our data. He is requesting the data in a .CRD Coordinate File format. Right now, we have the data in ESRI shapefile format. Does anyone know a way to convert the data to .CRD format?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,

Dan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Never heard of it...of course, I am not a surveyor...perhaps some tags on your question might attract some.  Did a google search for the software turn anything up?  I am sure it probably reads *.dwg and/or *.dxf which you export to within arc*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Any information what program the file is going to?  It would be a pain to search online to see what *.crd is associated with.  If it some CAD format, see if one of them would be acceptable, I suspect the requested format has nothing to do with need...but nice.  If anything is going to translate it, try FME at www.safe.com.

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

The program the surveyor is using is called SurvCE .

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Never heard of it...of course, I am not a surveyor...perhaps some tags on your question might attract some.  Did a google search for the software turn anything up?  I am sure it probably reads *.dwg and/or *.dxf which you export to within arc*

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

Nope, I looked online and couple not find anything. That is a great point, it should be able to accept CAD formats. I am going to look into that.

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

Thanks, Dan! We resolved the situation by just sending CAD data, as you suggested.

0 Kudos