Representation Issues - Recurring Weird Lines

04-25-2013 07:27 AM
AngeletaWilson
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am trying to figure out why my representations seem to always have these weird lines present even though the representation marker looks fine. I am using the representation as hooks in my parcel data-set. Sometimes they seem to work fine and other times they come up with really long lines attached to them. This is data that we serve out via the internet and often times my customers call about this issue which is rather embarrassing. Most times i can just remove and add the layer back to ArcMap and that solves the issue, but I need to find a permanent fix to this. Any advise I can get on this will be appreciated. See attachments for examples of my representation markers and how they should look normally and how they are sometimes shown with the weird lines.

Thank you
AW

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23766[/ATTACH]    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23767[/ATTACH]    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23768[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Angeleta,

Do those lines only persist in a map service, or do they also display in ArcGIS Desktop when working with your original map document? Trying to determine where the point of failure lies.

Also, are you publishing an optimized (.msd based) or 'classic' (.mxd based) map service?

Thanks,

Randall
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: angeletawilson

Hi Angeleta,

Do those lines only persist in a map service, or do they also display in ArcGIS Desktop when working with your original map document? Trying to determine where the point of failure lies.

Also, are you publishing an optimized (.msd based) or 'classic' (.mxd based) map service?

Thanks,

Randall

Hi Randall,

We have the problem in the ArcGIS Desktop display as well. Most times when we remove the layer and add it again the issue seems to resolve only to appear again at a later time. Personally I think it is failing from the Desktop. We are publishing from a mxd.

Angeleta
0 Kudos