Replication without two way option, how?

04-25-2014 07:10 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: man_dinot

Hi,

I want to aloud to replicate a database (checkout, and one way) but without the two way option, I do not want other people to make changes to the database information. How I can achieve that?

Regards,
Manuel
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hector_Manuel_MartÃ_Â_nez_Luz
New Contributor II
Thanks for the reply asrujit, maybe I did not explain myself good.

I have a database that I want to share as a replica, but I do not want people to make changes on it, I thought in checkout replicas and one way. Is there a way to restrict two way replica?, Is there another option?

Regards,
Manuel
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: asrujit

If you are planning to restrict editing on the second geodatabase, then its basically a 1-way replica itself!

Are you planning to restrict some users from editing the second gdb or completely restrict editing on that?
0 Kudos
New Contributor II
Hi again asrujit, thanks for the response.

It would be nice to have both option, a selected user may edit, general users only can extract data. How can I achieve that?.

Regards, Manuel
0 Kudos
New Contributor II
OK, so this is my workaround.

Publish two geodataservice one public, the other private. The public service only aloud to extract data, this is meant for an easy way to share the information with the arcmap users.
Build a one-way replica to an XML file from the private service. Share the XML with the users that you want them to have the replica. They will be able to synchronize changes by themselves.

Regards,
Manuel
0 Kudos