replica creation

Jump to solution
01-21-2015 07:58 AM
ManeshSharma
New Contributor III

Hi

I have Sql server geodatabase. Now I want to create replica of it . I created an empty file geodatabase. And when I created replica it creates the one way replica for me.

When I edit some features in the file geodatabase and save it. And when synchronisation of the same is done . I don't seethe changes in sde database what am I doing wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Two way replication is only supported between two SDE databa ses.  From the help:

Two-Way Replication

Two-way replication allows data changes to be sent multiple times from the parent replica to the child replica or from the child replica to the parent replica. If the same row is edited in both replica geodatabases, it is detected as a conflict when the replicas are synchronized. Reconcile policies are provided to define how conflicts are processed. Two-way replicas continue to exist after synchronization, allowing you to continue editing and synchronizing the replicas. When creating two-way replicas, the destination must be an ArcSDE geodatabase.

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Two way replication is only supported between two SDE databa ses.  From the help:

Two-Way Replication

Two-way replication allows data changes to be sent multiple times from the parent replica to the child replica or from the child replica to the parent replica. If the same row is edited in both replica geodatabases, it is detected as a conflict when the replicas are synchronized. Reconcile policies are provided to define how conflicts are processed. Two-way replicas continue to exist after synchronization, allowing you to continue editing and synchronizing the replicas. When creating two-way replicas, the destination must be an ArcSDE geodatabase.

0 Kudos
ManeshSharma
New Contributor III

Hi thanks

Then which type should I use to create an file and personal geodatabase.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

One-way where the 'parent' is your sde and the 'child' is your file geodatabase.  If you must have two way replication, you can always install a personal sde/sql server express database on the one end.

0 Kudos