Problem ArcSDE and Oracle.

08-14-2010 11:27 AM
RahatSyed
New Contributor
I have developed multiple GeoDatabases in one Oracle Database. I have registered Datasets as versions. When I am trying to Archive GeoDatabase then it gives me error: "Failed to enable Archiving Underlying DBMS error [Error executing Stored Procedure sde.instances_util.check_instance_table_conflicts:: ORA-00942: table or view doesnot exist]"

Can anybody help me resolving this problem.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomBrown
New Contributor
Can you please tell us the ArcGIS release?

Also, are you attempting to enable archiving on a feature dataset or class in a schema instance other than the master instance?

Have you reported this issue to ESRI Support?

Thanks, with more information we can attempt to reproduce your error.
0 Kudos
BarryGhotra
New Contributor
Did anyone ever get this resolved. Please help as we are experiencing the same...
0 Kudos
DavidCook1
New Contributor
I encountered this issue with ArcGIS 10.0 and Oracle 11gR2.

I was trying to create a featureclass in a Schema Geodatabase.

In my case I had a development database that had 5 schema geodatabases.  One of the schemas was dropped from Oracle  - without using the sdesetup -o delete command.  This left an orphan record in the INSTANCES table in the Master geodatabase (in my case, the SDE schema).

As this was development,  I deleted the orphan record from the master geodatabase.  As soon as I did that I was able to create the feature class.
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III
David,

Thanks a ton!  I had the same issue and as soon as I did this it fixed!
0 Kudos
SelahattinTASPINAR
New Contributor
Hi,

I faced the same problem. Even I removed and recreated the schema instance I got errors in sde_setup.log file as shown below:

[Mon Oct  7 08:16:12 2013] Error creating  GDB_Tables_Last_Modified table...
[Mon Oct  7 08:16:12 2013] ERROR Creating Geodatabase tables
, Error = -51
,EXT_Error = -942
,EXT_ERROR1 = Error executing stored procedure sde.instances_util.check_instance_table_conflicts
,EXT_ERROR2 = ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

After deleting the orphan record from SDE.INSTANCES related to deleted instance, the problem was solved.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely.
0 Kudos
ibrahimeid
New Contributor

sam the problem

0 Kudos
HalWatson
New Contributor III

FYI, I also had to remove "orphaned" records in the SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table which referenced the same "owners" from the SDE.INSTANCES table (records now deleted).  Once that was done, I could create a new feature class.

0 Kudos