Remove excess polygons

10-22-2019 08:55 PM
congha
by
New Contributor II

Hello every one, i have a question

I want to delete the polygon redundancy, just keep the yellow color, hope you can show me which tool can do this.
thank you

sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
8 Replies
congha
by
New Contributor II

any one can give me advise, i really need..

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Truthfully there is nothing for sloppy data than to fix it one by one.  Something like this is to random and fix it one by one.

what you have there looks like a result of some merging and clipping with another layer.

congha
by
New Contributor II

Ty for your advise..

Despite knowing that, but I still hope there is a way to fix it faster because there are more than 10,000 polygons

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As Robert mentioned, the data set in the screenshot looks like it is the result of many geoprocessing operations.  Are you doing the operations yourself, or are you just getting the final dataset?

Often times, doing multiple geoprocessing operations and waiting until the very end to clean up the data set is not viable.  It is best to have clean up as part of each step in the process.

If you are the one doing the geoprocessing, then share what your process is and people might be able to provide ideas for keeping the final product cleaner.  If you are simply getting the final data set from someone else; well, best of luck.

congha
by
New Contributor II

My problem is that I used a tool to combine the polygons but the redundant areas are small in the parts next to it in random order, unfortunately, the remainder is merged into the polygon farther away. rather than next to it, the phenomenon appeared...

sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
congha
by
New Contributor II
Like this example, I created by using the tool, how to split it in half, hope you help

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If by "split in half" you mean split the multi-part polygon into its two component parts, there is a tool for that:  Multipart To Singlepart—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

congha
by
New Contributor II

thank you very much, i will try it 

0 Kudos