Reconcile Error

12-18-2014 11:13 AM
BrendanDwyer
Occasional Contributor

Getting an error I don't understand.  Working with an SDE geodatabase in ArcMap.  Everything is at 10.2.1.  I bring in feature classes from a feature dataset using a user that is the data owner.  When I try to reconcile with the parent version, I get the following error:

The version could not be reconciled.  Insufficient permissions [geodatabasename.parentversion.featureclassname].  The workspace is not connected. 

The feature class named in the error is in a different feature dataset, and the user is the owner of that feature dataset too.  As far as I can tell, the permissions are set up the same on all feature classes.  Why is it freaking out about a feature class that I'm not even referencing?  What workspace do I need to connect to?  I can reconcile and post versions further down the hierarchy.

wtf sde?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brendan,

When you perform a reconcile/post, it reconciles the entire version for all feature classes.  Be sure that the user you are connected as has select, update, insert, and delete permissions on all feature datasets/classes that are registered as versioned.

0 Kudos
BrendanDwyer
Occasional Contributor

Jake,

Thanks for responding.  So if I only have one feature class in arcmap, the reconcile/post actions will reconcile/post (update features and feature attributes) on ALL feature classes in that version?  I did not know that.

I'm using an sde connection that connects me as the owner of the data.  If I'm the schema owner, I should automatically have select, update, insert and delete permissions.  I'll go back and check the permissions.  Still confused about the "workspace not connected" bit.

0 Kudos