Raster to Polygon Error: 000864 (not a floating raster)

08-19-2020 02:03 PM
LaurenButler1
New Contributor

I'm working on a visibility analysis, and have created a model to iterate through multiple rasters, extract the visible "1" values and then convert those rasters to polygons.  I need the polygon to continue to have the "pointid" attribute table field (Type: Long) that already exists in the raster, as that is the identifying feature. 

This model previously ran successfully for about 200 points, but suddenly inside the "Raster to Polygon" Tool, the "pointid" field is not recognized. 

But below you see that "pointid" is indeed a field. 

Most responses I see to similar questions involve the rasters being 32 bit float types, but mine are 8 bit signed integers. 

Now I'm not sure if the "Extract by Attribute tool" is getting in the way somehow, but if it is, how does that explain how the model originally worked as intended? The first time I ran the model, it had the same problem, but one run of the iterator seemed to make the system recognize the "pointid" field and it wasn't a problem. Now no number of validations and partial runs get it to see the field. It also doesn't run through even with this error, as I've seen some others do. 

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenButler1
New Contributor

Let me add I'm working on ArcMap 10.5.1 and must continue to do so. 

0 Kudos