Raster goes black when exporting to PDF

01-18-2011 01:30 PM
MatthewLenox
New Contributor II
Hi everyone,

I am creating maps of features along a highway.  I have exported a dozen other maps to PDF with the same imagery.  The section of highway before and after the one I am exporting will work fine, but for some reason this one will not.  When I export the MXD to PDF the aerial photography shows up as black!  Any suggestions for help would be great.

More Info:
ArcGIS 9.3.1
exporting:  600 DPI, ratio 1:3, Destination Colorspace RGB, Compress Vector Graphic's checked, Image compression deflate, Picture symbol Rasterize layers with bitmap makers/fills, Embed all document fonts checked, Export PDF layers and feature attributes, and export map georeference infomation checked.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewLenox
New Contributor II
Also, there are about a dozen or so features on the map that are not displaying as well.  The only features that show are mile post labels and the legend. 

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
HelgeAstad
New Contributor III
I have a similar problem: some data are missing from the pdf's I make. It can be any data - rasters or vectors. I have maps with huge data amounts, could that affect screen memory? ( ArcGIS 10, data driven pages. )
0 Kudos
DianeMcConnaughey
Occasional Contributor
Exporting to PDF, 9.3.1.  Symbolizing points with bmp picture, also tried emf format.  In the map area, the symbols are displayed with the picture.  But in the legend I get an empty box instead of the picture.   I check the advanced options to embed all fonts.     I also tried converting the legend to a graphics , but that did not help either.  Is the problem related ?  I have had things disappear in the map as well.  Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes trying when the network is not so busy helps.  Have alspo played with advanced setup options in the Utilities directory for the software.  C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Utilities
0 Kudos
DianeMcConnaughey
Occasional Contributor
Exporting to PDF, 9.3.1.  Symbolizing points with bmp picture, also tried emf format.  In the map area, the symbols are displayed with the picture.  But in the legend I get an empty box instead of the picture.   I check the advanced options to embed all fonts.     I also tried converting the legend to a graphics , but that did not help either.  Is the problem related ?  I have had things disappear in the map as well.  Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes trying when the network is not so busy helps.  Have alspo played with advanced setup options in the Utilities directory for the software.  C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Utilities
0 Kudos