Python package - dltsolutions

07-17-2021 02:12 PM
JanetRobertson
New Contributor

I am most positive that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.  With that said, hopefully someone can get me over this seemingly easy yet  difficult bump.   I am new to working with the Utility Network Extension for Enterprise.  It is loaded into the organizational Portal and the both the Water and Sewer data management for enterprise have been activiated.....I am starting with a small area of our water distribution system.  The existing data is NOT in a geometric Network and for the most part are just lines and points in respective feature classes.

So, through some on-line ESRI produced video, I am trying work through the data loading tools as described in said video(s).  using the python package manager, I have cloned the default and add the dltsolution and the r-cdltools packages to the clone.  Exited and restarted ArcPro, as indicated in the video and instructions from ArcPro.  Upon restarting ArcPro and looking for these "new tool" in the geoprocessing window, the geoprocessing Cache begins to rebuild.  then this process crashed with a message that the dltsolutions package cannot be found in the clone environment.    (note: the pathway to the clone environment is different from the default path, but this is what is presented b ArcGIS Pro.

Bottom line is I need help in loading my existing data into the new utility network.  Any advice, suggestions, or directions would be most appreciated.

James Armstrong - jamesa@spatial-relationships.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Did you activate the clone as your go to environment in Pro?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JanetRobertson
New Contributor

yeah I did activate the clone and checked it again this morning.   Further investigation led me to research the following error message:  "Error: Failed to load system tools."

In reviewing this error, it was suggested from esri to open the proenv.txt file in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\Scripts directory. The thing is this file is not there. At this point, what I am reading online from esri is to re-install arcgis pro. Before I do that, I am doing more research, however any advice or suggestion from anyone will be, as always, appreciated.

James Armstrong

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Janet or James or who ever this is-

I see a proenv.bat file in that directory.  It looks like this:

@echo off
@CALL :normalizepath scripts_path "%~dp0"

:: get the active environment from PythonEnvUtils.exe
FOR /F "delims=" %%i IN ('"%scripts_path%..\..\PythonEnvUtils.exe"') DO set CONDA_NEW_ENV=%%i

@set CONDA_SKIPCHECK=1
@set "CONDA_PREFIX=%CONDA_NEW_ENV%"

:: change directory if started from shortcut
set shortcut=0
for %%x in (%cmdcmdline%) do if /i "%%~x"=="/k" set shortcut=1
for %%x in (%cmdcmdline%) do if /i "%%~x"=="/c" set shortcut=1

@SET "activate_path="%scripts_path%activate.bat" "%CONDA_NEW_ENV%""

:: pass activate path through endlocal barrier
@for /f "delims=" %%A in (""!activate_path!"") do (
    if %shortcut% == 0 (
        @endlocal & @set "CONDA_SKIPCHECK=1" & call %%~A
    ) else (
        @endlocal & @set "CONDA_SKIPCHECK=1" & @CD /d %CONDA_PREFIX% & cmd.exe /k "%%~A"
    )
)

@goto :eof

:normalizepath
    @SET "%1=%~dpfn2"
    @EXIT /B

My dos skills have never included editing batch files, but perhaps someone else can help here...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JanetRobertson
New Contributor

Thanks for your input.  Actually the issues is resolved by removing the recent ArcPro update and going back to just 2.8.

0 Kudos