Publish Contingent Values on Enterprise Portal

11-25-2022 06:39 AM
RandyMcGraw1
New Contributor II

Hello All,

Are Contingent Values supported on ArcGIS Enterprise Portal? I am aware that Forms (Create forms for attribute editing (Map Viewer)—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation) must be utilized on ArcGIS Online in order to see the Contingent Values published from ArcGIS Pro. However, I have not been able to recreate the same on my Enterprise Portal.

I am using:

• ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2
  • ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

Thanks

6 Replies
BirgitLigtvoet
New Contributor II

Hey,

I am currently wondering the same thing and I found the following page with a very interesting note attached to step 7: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/js-api-arcgis/developers/contingent-attribute-values-in-th....

It seems like there is currently no support for hosted feature layers but if you reference your data instead of copying it to your portal you might be able to get it to work. Unfortunately I am unable to test this myself because the portal I use is not configured for easy data referencing. Can you let me know if this works for you? I am really curious.

RandyMcGraw1
New Contributor II

Hello,

My data is referenced from a registered SQL database and I still cannot get Contingent Values to work on my portal. I am able to get Attribute rules to work but at this point, I am fairly certain that Contingent Values are only supported on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
CVWDGIS
New Contributor II

Same here. Publishing a feature layer as referenced data from a registered SQL database, and I am not able to use the contingent values functionality on our enterprise portal. Editing the service in Pro does allow for the utilization of the contingent values check through. So if you've got users accessing the published data through Pro, it seems like contingent value checks are an option, just not through a web based interface on portal.

Portal version 10.8.1. Upgrading soon to 11.2, so I'll let you know if anything changes.  

0 Kudos
Sara_
by
New Contributor III

Hi 

Does anyone have an update to this? I created a layer with contingent values to find out Enterprise doesn't support it. I assumed it had the same functionality of AGOL. 

I also found the same article referenced above. Does anyone know how to reference data instead of doing it the usual way? I can 't visualise how to make this work. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
BirgitLigtvoet
New Contributor II

Hey there is no update on this. Generally you don't get new features in ArcGIS Enterprise without updating. If your Portal is version 10.9.1 then it won't work. You can try if you have Portal 11.x but don't get your hopes up.

Here is an explanation on enabling registered services in case you want to try anyway but you need to have a high level of control over your ArcGIS Platform as well as the correct rights and you need to know what you are doing. Generally the registering of an datastore is done by the person that manages your GIS platform backend so if you are a normal user you might not be able to do this.

You need to have access to the ArcGIS Server Manager, login there and navigate to site -> Data Stores. There you register a location that is reachable to both your local pc and the ArcGIS Server. These locations are generally network drives that are used by multiple people in the GIS department (that way you only need to register 1 drive to enable multiple people to register their data). Use the validate button to check if the connection is working. Copy your File Geodatabase to this network drive. Open ArcGIS Pro and fix your project so all layers look to the data source on the network drive instead of the one on your local drive. 

When you publish you service from ArcGIS Pro you have the option to reference or copy your data, choose the reference option (see attached image).

0 Kudos
Sara_
by
New Contributor III

This was really helpful, thank you! 

Having access to the data stores etc isn't feasible for me at the minute but might revisit this. Really appreciate the answer. 

0 Kudos