Publish a Service With Non -Geo Database table data

01-08-2014 05:49 PM
LPKKaru
New Contributor
Hi all,

I am .net developer and have the GIS background knowledge.
I am currently working with java script API and need to integrate  our client sales data with the esri map.

They have bought arc gis server and i m currently playing with evaluation ARC GIS server.

i create two database connections via Arc catalog for both data bases. no luck after that to my task.

If some one encounter this problem early PLEASE Help me on this.
If you can give me steps to get there please advice and the help is highly appreciated.

i m using arc GISserver 10.2
SQL server 2008 R2 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
I am currently working with java script API and need to integrate  our client sales data with the esri map.

They have bought arc gis server and i m currently playing with evaluation ARC GIS server.

i create two database connections via Arc catalog for both data bases. no luck after that to my task.

Query Layers (introduced at 10.0) are most likely the answer to your issue. They allow you to run and access (and publish via ArcGIS for Server in a Map Service) arbitrary SQL queries against any database, even if not geodatabase enabled (like a sales database).

What is a query layer? (10.2 Help)

Just mind the caveat mentioned in the link below, you may need to define database views in order to be able to publish a complex query. Publishing complex queries including joins etc. is not directly supported in ArcGIS for Server, but defining a proper database view circumvents this issue in an effective manner:

00075: Query layer has a complex query
0 Kudos
LPKKaru
New Contributor
Thank you Marco Boeringa,

I followed your instructions.

Created a data base  view
Added query layer to the map and query layer connects with data base view.
And published the service and has the new view in the service directory Under the Table category.

Now i need popup window in each retailer location with the data from my Table using java script api.

How can i access the table data in the points layer info window .

Thanks.
Regards!
0 Kudos