Problems Exporting Geotagged photos to Geodatabase

06-08-2016 09:20 AM
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

I have some geotagged pictures that I would like to export into a file geodatabase. I am doing an inventory on portable buildings and been taking geotagged photos of the portables. I can get the photos to be accurately placed in arcgis for desktop but I am having trouble exporting them into a file geodatabase for storage. I keep getting this error Error.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Andrew,

Did you get this resolved?

What steps are you taking to get your photos into ArcGIS? And what steps are you taking to get your photos into a file geodatabase?

It seems that utilizing the GeoTagged Photos To Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  tool that it will do both for you (put photos in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro and also put photos in a File Geodatabase).

If your Z values are conflicting, you may want to look into what coordinate system is used for what. Typically, if you're taking photos on a phone or something similar, the coordinate system and projection is going to be in something similar to WGS84.

0 Kudos
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

No, I didnt get it figured out. I just created a simple file folder structure to house the shapefiles created.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Andrew, did you try using the GeoTagged Photos To Points tool? I think it might do what you are needing to do. 

0 Kudos
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

Adrian, I used the tool and in executed perfectly but exporting the geotagged shapefile with new columns of information to a central geodatabase was the problem.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Interesting. Did you try using the Append tool for that?

When I used the tool, it generated a new geodatabase for me. I "appended" that data to another geodatabase that had the exact same field names (along with other fiends) and it appended just fine (even kept the attachments). 

0 Kudos