problems copying raster files from external HDD

06-26-2011 06:04 PM
MichelleLinklater
New Contributor
I was wondering if you could please help me with an Arc problem. I�??m organising some bathymetry grid data and when I�??m copying files from one C: drive or external HDD to another, the raster files are copying over incorrectly and changing the format to produce a virtually useless/empty grid. I�??ve attached a screenshot to show you �?? it changes a signed integer (RHS) to an unsigned integer (LHS) and loses the spatial information, etc. (Apologies for the low resolution)

I�??ve also had issues with the folder structures where the folder changes to a raster file. Also, in ArcCatalog, the rasters often display as their component files as folders, .vat, .sta and .bnd rather than one raster grid. Sometimes, they don�??t appear at all even though they are there, and I need to keep refreshing and navigating back into the folder for them to appear. These latter issues are less important but I thought they may be related.

I�??m just wondering, could it be some formatting problem with one of the drives? I don�??t have much of a computing background, but it is there something that�??s disrupting the way the files are being stored?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Michelle
0 Kudos
0 Replies