Postgresql analyze fails if topology exists

09-27-2011 01:27 AM
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
Hello,

First background:
Redhat 5.7 (64bit), Postgres 8.4.7(64bit) (no postgis), SDE 10(64bit)

I realise that I'm not running the exact versions that ESRI supports but my I decided to check with the community anyway.

When I do analyze on the database it chrashes that database and that following error is displayed.

INFO:  "t_2_dirtyareas": scanned 1 of 1 pages, containing 1 live rows and 0 dead rows; 1 rows in sample, 1 estimated total rows
server closed the connection unexpectedly
        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.

This does not happen if I remove the topology from the database then analyze completes without problems.

This seems to be true with most topologys (aka all the real ones we are actually using) but I have been able to create a simple, test topology that does not crash the db when running analyze.

Any sugguestions, or experiences with running slightly newer versions of redhat and postgres with sde.

Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Reply
tKasiaTuszynska
New Contributor III
Hi brandur,
You are running into a bug we were working on at the beginning of 10.0 development. The bug should have been fixed with either sp1 or sp2.
Sincerely,
Kasia
ArcSDE Product Engineer for ArcSDE on PostgreSQL
0 Kudos