Possible Geodatabase Corruption from Raster Load

04-26-2013 03:19 PM
JamesFox1
Occasional Contributor
I tried to import a raster layer into an SDE geodatabase from a file geodatabase unsuccesfully. We need to store rasters in this geodatabase because they are not that large (1-30MB each) and are generated from vector features and are constantly being updated. When I imported a sample ratser from a local file geodatabase, the import failed. However, the SDE geodatabase has been not functioning property since the attempt. We cannot import a simple feature class into the geodatabase nor make a current feature versioned for editing. When you do these operations you get a generic ORA-0922 error (invalid parameters passed) and index not in range errors. We can edit attributes on already versioned features in ArcMap however.

Since storage is specified for raster and vector geometries and they are different geometry types as well as rasters can get quite large, so I reset the vector and raster geometery tablespaces using sdedbtune command before doing the raster import. I further went to the liberty of specifying a specific tablespace for the edits (A and D tables) and XML data accordingly.

I noticed that when I list the DBTUNE parameters that the defaulted blank values had oracle tablespace storage clause info in them. Do these specs need to be a part of the tablespace values when they are set, I thought just the tabspace name is needed and that is all I set these parameters to. I also noticed in the toolbox log for the feature class import that failed that raster parameters are in the parameter list for the operation. Should ratser parameters be specified for a vector feature operation??

When I originally posted this inquiry to the ESRI sde geodatabase forum, it was my understanding that this geodatabase may be corrupted as a result of the raster load attempt. If this is the case, is there a way to repair this geodatabase?   

Enclosed is the errors recieved the client logs and the DBTUNE parameters that were reset. if we need to upgrade our SDE immediate,
is SDE 10.x COMPATIBLE WITH ORACLE 10.2.0.3 (we may not be able to upgrade the DBMS immediately whereas the SDE version we can)  

Thanks,

James Fox
DBA - BIA Division of Water and Power
lakewood, Colorado

ENVIRONMENT:

Client = Windows 7, ArcDesktop 10.0

Server = Windows 2003 Server
SDE  = ArcGIS SDE 9.2
DBMS = Oracle 10g (10.2.0.3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
If it is corrupted, I doubt it's possible to repair the (unsupported) 9.2 instance,
but that's certainly something you should discuss with Tech Support. 

Oracle is finally retiring 10gR2 -- You're going to need to move off it eventually.

- V
0 Kudos