polygon creation with feature template

01-05-2016 01:06 PM
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3

Q1:

Anyway to select a polygon from a feature template and single click the map to add a completed pre-defined polygon?

Much like you select a point from a feature template and single click the map to create the point.

Q2:

If this is possible, does it carry over to feature service - and AGOL?

thanks,

Tags (1)
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately group and preset edit templates cant be published for use online at this time. Its something we want to do though.

PeterGoedbloed
New Contributor III

Hi Sean, the new updates didn't bring this feature as far as I am concerned. Do you know anything about the planning for this option for either ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still planning.

The workflow for this at the moment is to author a map with the group templates or presets then publish the map or project to portal. We do this internally for Utility Network projects which is all based on feature services.

0 Kudos
PeterGoedbloed
New Contributor III

Hi Sean, could you clarify 'then publish the map or project to portal.' I just tried publishing a map with a preset template as a web map, but this doesn't take the template to ArcGIS Online. Or do you mean publishing a map package? But then the map can't be opened in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
KevenArsenault
New Contributor II

Scalable point features could also help. To temporarily fix the issue, I'm building one image with the right dimensions and making it appear at the right dimensions according to a numbered attribute. It's tedious and unintuitive, but it'll do until this gets fixed. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos