PLEASE HELP! Creating Address locator - Not enough Reference Data

Jump to solution
05-28-2014 01:44 PM
WilliamRice1
New Contributor
I was able to create an address locator Dual Range with Street Midline data, but now I'm trying to create a single house address locator using city parcel data (Polygons). I joined a data table of city addresses to my Parcels layer using a PIN (Property ID Number) in order to have St_Num, St_Name, Etc.

When I try creating the locator, I have Parcels as the Primary table and from what I read, the data table has all neccessary credentials to be executed, but I can never run the tool because it's telling me that I still do not have enough reference data.

I'm wondering why this is and what I should try to do to get this to run.

Please Help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyJones
New Contributor III
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34205[/ATTACH]

I also tried exporting the data to a new feature class but the joined data didn't export with it. All that was exported was the original data from the Parcel shp

"but the joined data didn't export with it" - So you are having issues with your join, this is your problem. Try making the join and exporting to a new geodatabase and using that feature class. I had a similar problem and I traced it to a bad join within model builder, this was after writing a script to flatten my data using dictionaries and cursors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I was able to create an address locator Dual Range with Street Midline data, but now I'm trying to create a single house address locator using city parcel data (Polygons). I joined a data table of city addresses to my Parcels layer using a PIN (Property ID Number) in order to have St_Num, St_Name, Etc.

When I try creating the locator, I have Parcels as the Primary table and from what I read, the data table has all neccessary credentials to be executed, but I can never run the tool because it's telling me that I still do not have enough reference data.

Please Help!

Perhaps you could provide a screen capture of your locator.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
AndyJones
New Contributor III

Please Help!

Your problem probably lies with your join. Have you exported the joined data to a new feature class?
0 Kudos
WilliamRice1
New Contributor

I also tried exporting the data to a new feature class but the joined data didn't export with it. All that was exported was the original data from the Parcel shp
0 Kudos
AndyJones
New Contributor III

"but the joined data didn't export with it" - So you are having issues with your join, this is your problem. Try making the join and exporting to a new geodatabase and using that feature class. I had a similar problem and I traced it to a bad join within model builder, this was after writing a script to flatten my data using dictionaries and cursors.
0 Kudos
WilliamRice1
New Contributor
Thanks!

I was able to create the single address locator after exporting it to a new geodatabase and feature class.
0 Kudos
AndyJones
New Contributor III
Thanks!

I was able to create the single address locator after exporting it to a new geodatabase and feature class.

Excellent, glad I could help.

Andy
0 Kudos