Partial Post Versioned

10-18-2013 05:55 AM
ClovesAntonio1
New Contributor
Hi,

I need know if with new technology ESRI 10.2 is possible make partial post utilized any native technology of ArcGIS or if only is possible make partial post with tools of development?

Any suggestion ?

Cloves Antonio
CGI - Brasil
0 Kudos
8 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Can you define what you mean by "partial post" for us?

- V
0 Kudos
ClovesAntonio1
New Contributor
Hi,

I will like of make on Incremental Posting with Versioned Data.
It´s is possible?

Cloves Antonio
CGI - Brasil
0 Kudos
ClovesAntonio1
New Contributor
Vangelo,

Do you have any feedback the problem of the incremental post that I reported on last week?
I'm awaiting return?

Cloves Antonio
CGI - Brasil
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Since all posts are inherently incremental, I have no feedback.

I suggest you use a paragraph, with examples, to describe what you
want instead of a single word.

- V
0 Kudos
ClovesAntonio1
New Contributor
OK Vangelo.

I have on GDB Oracle 10g. This GDB not this versioning still.
My problem is than need make versioning GDB, but also is need make update to version default in parts.
When the users make a update in polygon need only than part this update to version default on GDB.

I need know if is possible make a Incremental Posting Versioned Data.

Did you understand?

Cloves Antonio
CGI
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
I still don't understand the question.

If you spend some time with the documentation on versioning, you'll see that the optimistic
locking paradigm *always* implements incremental updates, at the resolution specified by
the user.  Each edit could be in a different version, each of which can be dependent on
other states (the state tree is the heart of the versioning model; a version is just a name
for a state at a moment in time).  If you only make edits in the SDE.DEFAULT version,
you restrict what's possible with the versioning model, since every edit is dependent on
all the edits that preceeded it, but that's not an error in the versioning implementation,
only in the use of the paradigm.

-V
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Your problem description is vague, but if you are looking for some kind of "historic" record of the state of the DEFAULT version, than you maybe should be looking at the possibility of enabling Geodatabase archiving on your database. It will keep a record of the historic state of objects that you can go back to, to review "what once was...", in the form of historical versions.

Also, and especially, have a good look at the The archive process Help page to get some basic understanding of how this works.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Cloves,

Do you mean making edits on a particular portion/feature of a polygon(feature class) and posting the edits to the Default version ?

"Post" synchronizes the edit version with the target version. All edits made in the edit version are saved into the target version.

I would suggest you to take a look at the documentation on "Post".

Regards,
0 Kudos