New Problem - Cannot export feature class to or from GDB

01-29-2014 10:00 AM
BryanGonzales
New Contributor
Within the past month, I've started experiencing problems with exporting data from either an mxd or another gdb, to a gdb. Or, importing shapefiles to a gdb. I get an error like:

"Error exporting data.
The item was not found. [ItemType:
{70737809-852C4A03-9E22-2CECEA5B9BFA}]
The table was not found. [feature class name] <- "feature class name" is of course the name of any feature class I try and export.

This started shortly before Christmas, I've not had any problems before that. As I mentioned, I cannot even import shapefiles into thegdb, I can export files out of the gdb as a .shp or even export from the mxd to a .shp but no into a gdb.

Currenty, I am using Win7 with ArcGis 10.0.

Any help of course would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you using out-of-the-box tools or do you perform this operation in ModelBuilder or python script?

Do you get automatic windows updates?  I ask because there is some bug associated with shapefiles and Windows automatic updates that is discussed somewhere in the forums.
0 Kudos
BryanGonzales
New Contributor
Yes, out of the box.

We do get auto-updates, we are required to log out daily so IT can do their thing.

I'll search for the auto-update thread and see if I can find something.  One thing that is strange though is that out of the 5 machines we have running, mine is the only one experiencing any problems. I did uninstall and re-install Arc yesterday as well as service pack 5, still the same problems.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you exporting to the same file geodatabase across the 5 computers?  If you are using a file geodatabase local to that problematic computer, maybe the file geodatabase has become corrupted.

My organization does not allow automatic Windows updates as you never know what negative impact it can have on the system.  We have test computer where we test the automatic Windows updates first before releasing it in the production environment.
0 Kudos
BryanGonzales
New Contributor
We all have access to the same folder structure/database on our server.

We typically are assigned work to a specific client and are dedicated to that task until complete. However, the manager was able to export/import files from the same location I was attempting, to the same gdb I was going to with his machine, no problmes.

We are all baffled by what's going on.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Does the server have enough disk space for the specified export and/or import directory in order to accommodate the output?

Is the directory of the file geodatabase specified as a network share or a mapped drive letter to a networked location?  In other words, from your local PC are you specifying a network share location or drive letter to a mapped network shared location which points to the server?
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Within the past month, I've started experiencing problems with exporting data from either an mxd or another gdb, to a gdb. Or, importing shapefiles to a gdb. I get an error like:

"Error exporting data.
The item was not found. [ItemType:
{70737809-852C4A03-9E22-2CECEA5B9BFA}]
The table was not found. [feature class name] <- "feature class name" is of course the name of any feature class I try and export.

This started shortly before Christmas, I've not had any problems before that. As I mentioned, I cannot even import shapefiles into thegdb, I can export files out of the gdb as a .shp or even export from the mxd to a .shp but no into a gdb.

Currenty, I am using Win7 with ArcGis 10.0.

You might be hitting NIM090672.

File Geodatabase might have become corrupted. Create a new File Geodatabase and create Feature Class, try to export it as .shp or to another .gdb. Also try to import Shape File or Feature class into the new File Geodatabase. Let us know the result of this test.
0 Kudos
BryanGonzales
New Contributor
Does the server have enough disk space for the specified export and/or import directory in order to accommodate the output?

Is the directory of the file geodatabase specified as a network share or a mapped drive letter to a networked location?  In other words, from your local PC are you specifying a network share location or drive letter to a mapped network shared location which points to the server?

Yes, there is enough room on the server for the output.

Yes, we are mapped to a specific drive for our data storage. However, we have the ability to store data locally on our C drive or any other location we set for the output. Regardless of the location, I cannot export to a GDB.
0 Kudos