Network dataset to ArcSDE

Jump to solution
09-27-2013 10:32 AM
SugihonoBudiman
New Contributor II
How to copy network dataset to ArcSDE SQL backend? Copy and paste doesnt work.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Joe - Thanks for the warning. I give you credit on that. We do have a slow down in our ArcSDE and not sure what is the issue. I think we can look into the local gdb and see if that improves the performance. Do you happen to know what is the max of the gbd (row counts) until the gdb showing performance degradation?

Not sure if it's just number of rows or number of rows and number of fields.  However, without knowing what the spatial extent of your data is,that might play into it as well. If you have a network of the entire northern hemisphere, you are going to take a performance hit; if its a road network of Rhode Island, probably not.  You might also look into spatial indexes for your data.
That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
How to copy network dataset to ArcSDE SQL backend? Copy and paste doesnt work.

I don't like having feature datasets within SDE geodatabases: see this discussion.  Feature datasets have a tendency to misbehave in SDE.

However, if you absolutely, positively, gotta do it, you should probably copy the entire feature dataset in which the network resides while in an ArcCatalog session.  (But don't say I didn't warn you...)
0 Kudos
SugihonoBudiman
New Contributor II
Joe - Thanks for the warning. I give you credit on that. We do have a slow down in our ArcSDE and not sure what is the issue. I think we can look into the local gdb and see if that improves the performance. Do you happen to know what is the max of the gbd (row counts) until the gdb showing performance degradation?
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Not sure if it's just number of rows or number of rows and number of fields.  However, without knowing what the spatial extent of your data is,that might play into it as well. If you have a network of the entire northern hemisphere, you are going to take a performance hit; if its a road network of Rhode Island, probably not.  You might also look into spatial indexes for your data.
0 Kudos
SugihonoBudiman
New Contributor II
Joe - I agree with your statement. We will take your advise. Thank you
0 Kudos