Moving Versioned data

11-25-2013 08:33 PM
User35489
Occasional Contributor III
Dear Gurus,

Can you please let me know how to migrate feature class which is registered as version and archiving is enabled on it

From: Database Environment: ArcSDE 9.3, RHEL 5, Oracle 11.2.0.2
To Database Environment:  ArcSDE 10.1, RHEL 6, Oracle 11.2.0.3.0

I used import feature class tool and copy tool to migrate these feature classes, but they succeded only in feature class data and no versioned/archiving stuff was found in destination database.

Please let me know the best practice for this....

Best Regards
Abdullah Saleh
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EmadAl-Mousa
either using Replication, or the simple (copy /paste) from ArcCatalog from one geodatabase instance to another.
0 Kudos
User35489
either using Replication, or the simple (copy /paste) from ArcCatalog from one geodatabase instance to another.

I cannot utilize replication as my data is of low precision, and other option 'copy' only copies feature class, without version and archiving.

-AS
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
It might be the BASIC precision which is causing the problem, but this is really something
to address with Tech Support.

- V

PS: Please delete your duplicate post
0 Kudos
EmadAl-Mousa
you can migrate your feature class in 9.3 to high precision using geo-processing tools: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisserver/9.3/dotnet/index.htm#geodatabases/migratin344318119.htm

Another Radical Solution: is to take full schema export + SDE schema export and import it to the other geodatabase instance (but this could "alter" your other geodatabase if they are NOT identical in data and schema's).
0 Kudos