Mosaicking to new raster

08-07-2012 05:45 PM
chloedesgrand
New Contributor
Hey,

I have been able to mosaic a series of 4 aerial photographs into a new raster layer, however, the output raster each time has this blue or pink wash over some of the photos that I do not know how to get rid of (please see attached file).

No matter how many times I re-do the mosaic it still happens. It also continues to happen when I "mosaick to an existing raster layer", not just in the "mosaic to new raster".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor
Hey,

I have been able to mosaic a series of 4 aerial photographs into a new raster layer, however, the output raster each time has this blue or pink wash over some of the photos that I do not know how to get rid of (please see attached file).

No matter how many times I re-do the mosaic it still happens. It also continues to happen when I "mosaick to an existing raster layer", not just in the "mosaic to new raster".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Hi Chloe,

I assume your images are 3-band (rgb) images. See if this helps: when using the Mosaic To New Raster tool, make sure that the Mosaic Colormap Mode is not used (don�??t change the default), and in the Mosaic Operator, try LAST and FIRST methods and compare the results.

Regards,
Pavan
0 Kudos
chloedesgrand
New Contributor
Hey Pavan,

I changed the settings to see if it made a difference and at first it did not. However, after changing the settings for the mosaic operator etc I switched them back to the original defaults and it worked :).

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Chloe.
0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor
Hey Pavan,

I changed the settings to see if it made a difference and at first it did not. However, after changing the settings for the mosaic operator etc I switched them back to the original defaults and it worked :).

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Chloe.

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Pavan
0 Kudos
chloedesgrand
New Contributor
Hey,

I have been mosaicking another dataset from 2006 aerial photography (RGB, 3 band) and have run into a similar problem. In some cases I am still getting blue sections on my image in the shape of triangles (please see attached image in original thread) while in others I am getting these areas completely blanked out by white triangle shapes.

I have tried almost every possible combination of the "mosaic colour map" and "mosaic operator" defaults, however, nothing seems to be working. Sometimes a certain combination will reduce the number of blank areas to just one or two areas rather than three or four. However, I was hoping to have no blank areas as I am calculating changes in landcover betwen the 1977-2006 and this will affect my results.

Cheers and thanks for your time,

Chloe.
0 Kudos