migrating data to oracle geodatabase 11.1

Jump to solution
01-11-2019 08:04 AM
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

I am migrating all data from a geodatabse oracle to a new oracle schema. I'm trying to copy / paste between the two db connections, but it stops in the middle of the operation by displaying the following message:

One or more object failed to paste. Table not registered. Underlying DBMS error [ORA-00932 : inconsistent datatypes; expected : %got% TableName]

The TableName contains a field of blob type; I've increased the value of MAXBLOBSIZE column in sde.server_config but it's still displaying the same error.

I'm using ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2, Oracle 11.1

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Well, thank you for your answers. This has been solved. Indeed, I switched the type of spatial data storage from SDEBINARY to ST_GEOMETRY and had to modify the table sd.dbtune and update the value of the column VARIABLE_BINARY to contain BLOB instead of LANGRAW

Migration de données d'un type de stockage à un autre—Aide | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

These are the requirements for Oracle against ArcGIS 10.3 (Could not find 10.2 link)

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS 10.3.x—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

What is your specific version of 12c as 10.3 was only supported up to Oracle 12.1.0.1?

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

I've tried from a machine with  ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and the same error was given.
in fact it's 11.1 Oracle version. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do the simple table, point, line and polygons feature classes copy over without error?

ArcCatalog > Load option too?

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Bill Fox‌ the copy operation progress until the error occurs.
Same error with Load option

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hello Abdelhakim,

How about create a new empty feature class in the new geodatabase using one of the feature classes as a template.

Verify you can edit it to create and delete a few features.

Then try load or append again.

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Well, thank you for your answers. This has been solved. Indeed, I switched the type of spatial data storage from SDEBINARY to ST_GEOMETRY and had to modify the table sd.dbtune and update the value of the column VARIABLE_BINARY to contain BLOB instead of LANGRAW

Migration de données d'un type de stockage à un autre—Aide | ArcGIS Desktop