Issue with Address Locator at 10.2

Jump to solution
02-24-2014 11:24 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I wanted to change the reference data for my address locator and I discovered I had to create a brand new address locator for this to work.  I did and now the new address locator which was created in sde.  In the settings it says style release 10.1.  I brought my old locator into the same sde and it indicates style release 10 and it works just fine however the other thing is that the reference data is from a file geodatabase rather than the sde.  What is the reasoning for this?  Is there a bug of some sort or am I missing something important?  I noticed this when I switched address locators in the Flex Viewer and it kept saying there were no matching results.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
1.  Open the properties of the locator (double click the locator or right click and select "Properties...").
2.  Expand the "Geocoding options" section.
3.  Set the "Match with no zones" property to "Yes".

The locator will now match to "2410 E CHESTNUT AVE".

Brad
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
You know, I believe I remember this coming up several years ago.  So basically, the locator is looking for a zip code or some sort of boundary.  I had them in the old locator because it is the county wide locator and had City names.  I have had too many issues with similar street names in other towns in the county so I thought I would like to create one for the city only and a countywide one on the side if needed.  Since this new one was only a city locator, there wasn't a need to include a zone since there is essentially only one "zone"  I could have read that help page a hundred times and completely missed that.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
AaronKreag
Occasional Contributor
US Addresses - Dual Range is the recommended style for TIGER addrfeat shapefiles.

Hi folks,
I am having trouble finding the "correct" address locator style to use with the TIGER 2013 addrfeat shapefile for my county in NJ. I am wondering if I'm doing anything "wrong" in terms of saving or storing data. I have the addrfeat shapefile in a GDB, and I have directed Arcmap to save the address locator in the GDB. The problem is the dreaded RED X on the LH side of the screen after I select the addrfeat file as the Primary Table.

Is there anything I may be mssing in terms of storing data? I am an old dog (literally) who is finally trying to update my course directions to Arc10, including the use of file GDB for storage (vs conventional folders).

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

bill in nj
0 Kudos