Intersection Search results with composite geocoder

814
4
10-08-2013 06:44 AM
JasonHannigan
New Contributor
I have created and published a composite geocoder to server 10.2. The composite references a dual range Address centerline geocoder and a Single House Address point geocoder. When searching for an intersection using the composite, the results are returned with the correct street names, but the suffix type and city are duplicated - Walnut Street Street & Hickory Street Street, City, City. When looking at the REST results the composite fields for SufType1 and SufType2 both contain the duplicated value of 'Street Street'.
Can anyone suggest how to correct this? Is this expected behavior for intersection results from a composite geocoder?
Any help would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jason,

I use a composite locator myself with the same styles you use and I don't have this problem. Do you need both SufType1 and Suftype2?
0 Kudos
JasonHannigan
New Contributor
I believe I would need both SufType1 and SufType2 as it appears these store the suffix for each street result. If I search on Queen St and Victoria Ave, the result is Queen Street Street & Victoria Avenue Avenue. SufType1 returns 'Street Street' and SufType2 returns 'Avenue Avenue'. I have no idea where/how I can control how the composite geocoder builds these SufType fields and ends up duplicating the suffix type in these fields. Similarly, The State field is listed twice in the REST results as State1 and State2. This ends up being repeated in the results as well, such that the result is Queen Street Street & Victoria Avenue Avenue, Petrolia, Petrolia. I have rebuilt the base geocoders and the composite and I get the same results every time.
Here is the REST output for the above intersection search:

Address Candidates: (# address candidates : 1)

Shape:  Point:
X:  405988.7826398915
Y:  4748243.110982848
Score:  93.83
Address:  Queen Street Street & Victoria Avenue Avenue, Petrolia, Petrolia
Loc_name:  SLSN_Loc
Score:  93.83
Match_addr:  Queen Street Street & Victoria Avenue Avenue, Petrolia, Petrolia
House: 
Side: 
PreDir: 
PreType: 
StreetName: 
SufType: 
SufDir: 
City: 
State: 
ZIP: 
User_fld: 
Addr_type:  StreetInt
Side1:  L
FromAddr1:  400
ToAddr1:  410
PreDir1: 
PreType1: 
StreetName1:  Queen
SufType1:  Street Street
SufDir1: 
State1:  Petrolia
ZIP1: 
User_fld1:  0
Side2:  L
FromAddr2:  4110
ToAddr2:  4124
PreDir2: 
PreType2: 
StreetName2:  Victoria
SufType2:  Avenue Avenue
SufDir2: 
State2:  Petrolia
ZIP2: 
User_fld2:  0

I have looked at the USAddress.lot.xml file and the output formats for the intersections and it seems to mirror the REST output:

<format_definition name="format_intersections">
        <field_value ref="PreDir" record="1"/>
        <field_value ref="PreType" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="StreetName" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufType" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufDir" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <value xml:space="preserve"> &amp;</value>
        <field_value ref="PreDir" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="PreType" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="StreetName" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufType" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufDir" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <value xml:space="preserve">,</value>
        <field_value ref="CityPrefixDir" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="CityPrefixType" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="City" record="1" pre_separator=" " />
        <field_value ref="CitySuffixType" record="1" pre_separator=" " />
        <field_value ref="State" record="1" pre_separator=", "/>
        <field_value ref="ZIP" record="1" pre_separator=", "/>
      </format_definition>
      <format_definition name="format_intersection_name">
        <field_value ref="PreDir" record="1"/>
        <field_value ref="PreType" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="StreetName" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufType" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufDir" record="1" pre_separator=" "/>
        <value xml:space="preserve"> &amp;</value>
        <field_value ref="PreDir" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="PreType" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="StreetName" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufType" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
        <field_value ref="SufDir" record="2" pre_separator=" "/>
      </format_definition>

I'm just not sure if I should attempt to modify this or if I am just building the composite geocoder incorrectly, or I am missing something simple.
0 Kudos
JasonHannigan
New Contributor
So, I was missing something simple.....when building the centerline geocoder, it automatically picked Street_Name as the Street Name Field and I just looked at the table and this field has both the street name and suffix included, thus the duplicate suffix in the results. I changed this to the proper field that just contained the base street name and this has solved the issue. Obviously Street_Name would be the wrong field to use for the street name attribute....;)
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Jason,

I'm glad you figured it out!

Tim
0 Kudos