I found a solution for this and it also works with the latest version as well 10.3.1.
1. Make sure you have local admin rights to the computer
2. In order to run the setup on newer versions 10.x to 10.3.1 add this entry to the registry, this was provided by
other users on GeoNet many thanks! copy the windows registry files below to a notepad and save it as a .reg file
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.1\\"
3. Run the reg file on your computer deepening on where you save it. (it requires admin rights)
4. Start the GDBT tool setup.exe process
5. During the installation process you will receive an error message: Module C:\Program files (x86)
\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll failed to register: HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support
Click continue and when done click close
When you install the tool, it creates a new folder under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll
This is for a 64 bit computer so if you have a 32 bit it might be under
6. If you have ArCatalog 10.3.1 go to that folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3 or depending on
Copy the file SDEUtilSvr10.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\ to
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin
7. Lets register the file:
Go to Start and under search type CMD do no open it yet
Right click and select Run as Administrator
at this point you should be at C:\Windows\System32 if not make sure you get there using the CD command
Type regsver32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll"
You should get Succeeded when registering the .dll
DO NOT forget the parenthesis otherwise it will not work!
I managed to get GDBT tools to ArcGIS 10.5.1 arc catalog. In this help tread what is missing, is download link of GDBT tool .exe file. I found already downloaded exe file in one of our archived folders in 2015. So I installed successfully Thank You. All the Esri links for download it came up with error 4o4 page not found.