Installed GDBT tools for 10 and it does not show up to use in ArcCatalog or ArcMap

02-17-2011 05:17 AM
JimmyHensarling
New Contributor
I have installed 10 and sp 1 for 10. I downloaded the new version of GDBT for 10 and installed it. However, the GDBT tools do not show up anywhere in  ArcCatalog or ArcMap.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
KenKohnke
New Contributor II
I installed if for 9.3.1 and have the same problem.  The dotnet support is there but no GDBT tab in ArcCatalog.
0 Kudos
JohnMeza
New Contributor III
This is used in ArcCatalog only, you won't see anything in ArcMap.
Did you have any install problems?
0 Kudos
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III
Hi All,
This appears to happen if you haven't installed ArcGIS to the default location - that's my experience anyway. Anyone come up with a work around?
Thanks,
F
0 Kudos
baohuachu3
New Contributor III
I have the same problem. Open ArcCatalog there is no GDBT  tab.
My arcgis is not installed in "c:\programm files....". So this may be the reason for it.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
I can't install this at all. I assume after you complete the install, the tab and toolbar appear automatically in ArcCatalog i.e. you don't have to enable anything.

I did install The GDBT tools to a different location to the default, although ArcGIS is in the default program files directory.

I've tried running the install.exe from within the GDBT folder and all but one of the files copies (see attached screenshot)
0 Kudos
JorgeHernandez1
New Contributor II

I found a solution for this and it also works with the latest version as well 10.3.1.

1.  Make sure you have local admin rights to the computer

2.  In order to run the setup on newer versions 10.x to 10.3.1 add this entry to the registry, this was provided by

other users on GeoNet many thanks! copy the windows registry files below to a notepad and save it as a .reg file

example: filename.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Desktop10.0]

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.1\\"

3.  Run the reg file on your computer deepening on where you save it. (it requires admin rights)

4.  Start the GDBT tool setup.exe process

5.  During the installation process you will receive an error message: Module C:\Program files (x86)

\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll failed to register:  HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support

personnel.

Click continue and when done click close

When you install the tool, it creates a new folder under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll

This is for a 64 bit computer so if you have a 32 bit it might be under

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll

6.  If you have ArCatalog 10.3.1 go to that folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3 or depending on

your version.

Copy the file SDEUtilSvr10.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\ to

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin

7.  Lets register the file:

Go to Start and under search type CMD do no open it yet

Right click and select Run as Administrator

at this point you should be at C:\Windows\System32 if not make sure you get there using the CD command

Type regsver32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll"

You should get Succeeded when registering the .dll

DO NOT forget the parenthesis otherwise it will not work!

Enjoy!   

MahindaAbeykoon
New Contributor III

Thank You!

0 Kudos
JorgeHernandez1
New Contributor II

You are welcome!

0 Kudos
MahindaAbeykoon
New Contributor III

I managed to get GDBT tools to ArcGIS 10.5.1 arc catalog. In this help tread what is missing, is download link of GDBT tool .exe file. I found already downloaded exe file in one of our archived folders in 2015. So I installed successfully Thank You. All the Esri links for download it came up with error 4o4 page not found.

Thanks Jorge!

Mahinda Abeykoon

0 Kudos