Import table to geodatabase failing

01-24-2017 07:41 PM
MichaelCurran
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to import a single table into a empty/new file geodatabase. It repeatedly fails with this:

ERROR 000622: Failed to execute (TableToTable). Parameters are not valid.

This simple exact process worked in ArcGIS 9.3. Today I have upgraded to ArcGIS 10.5 Desktop Basic.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Michael,

It might be a parameter that is messing up this process. Have you tried different naming conventions and tried to avoid special characters (like < > / \ * & ^ % $ # @ ! ? ... , etc.)? Take a look at the help article here:

Importing a table (single)—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Can you potentially show a screen shot of your dialog box before you hit the button to import the table?

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

9.3 to 10.5 is a long travel...

Table To Table—Help | ArcGIS Desktop a revisit may be prudent to see if there is anything anew in the required inputs and the destination of your file...

MichaelCurran
New Contributor

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. Just got off the phone to some technicians. They said that if I can see the excel tab and tool I should have permission to run the tool. They suggested saving the excel tab as csv (which has worked but also produces a warning that I cannot run the tool with basic but need at least a standard licence... odd given it worked). I will wait to see what technical support finds because it sounds like they think I should be able to run the tool in basic.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check the bottom of the link I sent... it has been, and still is, available at the basic level

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are working with MS Excel 2007, it could be Bug NIM058965.

Solution: Uncheck Background Processing (Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options) and run the tool again.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may also install the MS patch as mentioned in another thread (copied here, since is it well stated already)

from https://community.esri.com/thread/7655#comment-129122 

If you have an .xlsx file you want to use in ArcGIS but do not have Excel 2007 installed, you will need to install the 2007 Office System Driver. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center. If you do not have any version of Microsoft Excel installed, you must install that driver before you can use either .xls or .xlsx files. If you have Excel 2010 installed, you must still install the driver.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displa...

This I know has been the resolution for many other Excel related threads, so may be worth a try.  If that doesn't fix it by itself, continue to read in that thread for other suggestions.

AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Did you try to Add table to TOC from Add Data, Then right Click and Export table?