Is there a way to change the values in the "created_user" field after a record has been added? I did a mass import to a feature class and the created user is the data owner and schema name "General". I'd like to change it to a person's name or actually multiple people based on another field. The field calculator won't let me change the values and I can't do it in SQL Server or at least I haven't been successful yet at doing that.
The field is not editable in ArcGIS. I'm looking for a way to do a 1 time update to the field based on the values in another field. I have the users' names in another field that I'd like to place into the "created_user" field. It is a Text field that is automatically added when enabled on the feature class.
Hi. Seen this question up and even though the original one is old and probably solved I will reply to you Linnart.
What I tried and seems to be working fine:
1. Enable the Editor Tracking
2. Disable it (once is enabled the 4 fields are created and not deleted)
3. Once disabled, You can modify the created user (with field Calculator, copy/paste from another field, or on by one)
4. When you are ready and finished the editing, in Catalog go to the properties of the feature: "Editor Tracking" Tab
5. Click on Enable editor tracking and here choose all the fields accordingly (please note that you can use even a text field created by you: i have created "Created_User_Custom"). Set all fields and Time, Apply, OK, and you should be fine.
Let me know