I'm trying to import an excel table into a geodatabase. I made sure all field names are valid, and cells are formatted correctly. The imported geodatabase table is missing numeric data in some cells. On the 'input' table attached, the cells ignored are ones that have a 'D' in the cell immediately to the right of the value. See several highlighted examples and compare to the 'output' table from the geodatabase import. Why is it doing this? How can I fix it without manually adding the missing data?
When I opened the Input spreadsheet (using Excel 2010) the cells next to the D values (i.e. the ones having the problem) I get an error that "The number in the cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". Perhaps you need to revisit the input spreadsheet, apply formatting as number to whole column or figure out why there is an apparent difference in formatting, and try to import again.
I checked your input spreadsheet again at home (previously at work) with Excel 2013. I can see that the cells are formatted as numbers (with 2 decimal places). However this should mean that the values in the cells that are causing you grief should show with two decimal places, which they are not.
It is obvious that Excel sees these 'bad' values as text and thus when importing to Arc will not import these values. I have no idea why this is happening, as they look like numerical values to me.
I have found a fix (to change the values). Try this method (from Microsoft Office support site). Unfortunately you can only process one column at a time. It worked for me with your input spreadsheet (all values show with two decimal places).
This would be OK as a one off method, if you have to repeat this import frequently then save as a CSV file and import that might be a better alternative.
One of those unexplained mysteries.