How to Scrape Data from online OpenData Map

Jump to solution
01-31-2022 01:34 PM
JessicaBarbieri
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am still a relatively new GIS user and I am having some difficulty conducting academic research. I am trying to extract the data from this website, https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/locations to use in ArcGIS Pro. I would like to export it, ideally into .csv file with the coordinates, or at least just directly into ArcGIS Pro or Online. A professor of mine suggested to write a web scraper in Python, but I am not sure how to do this. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me how. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you click the dropdown arrow on the Add Data button (Map tab of the main ribbon), one of the options is to add data from a path, and you can paste the URL there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you look at your browser's Network traffic, you can usually see where the data's coming from.

In this case, it looks like it's an ArcGIS Online service. You should be able to add that directly to ArcGIS Pro with that URL.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JessicaBarbieri
New Contributor II

Thank you for the quick reply, Josh! Would please be able to explain how to do that? I see that it is coming from an ArcGIS Online Service, but I still do not understand how to add that into ArcGis Pro.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you click the dropdown arrow on the Add Data button (Map tab of the main ribbon), one of the options is to add data from a path, and you can paste the URL there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JessicaBarbieri
New Contributor II

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos