Privileges in ArcCatalog

08-27-2014 01:53 PM
SavannahaBuhrman
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We are currently working through an upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2.1 and in troubleshooting I noticed when in ArcCatalog I can not view privileges assigned to a particular dataset.  I can view privileges of all other datasets except this one.  We have verified the proper rights and roles are assigned at the database level.  When I try to open the privileges dialog for the 'problem' dataset nothing comes up.

Untitled.png

Maybe we are missing something simple.  It is worth mentioning this is an issue with both our 10.1 database and 10.2.1 database.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what might be causing this behavior?

Thank you for the help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What type of connection is it? I found this but I have nothing to test it against

0 Kudos
SavannahaBuhrman
New Contributor II

When say type of connection do you mean direct connect or through SDE?  I am connecting using SDE.  I will take a look at this documentation.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
SavannahaBuhrman
New Contributor II

The article you referenced did not turn out to be the issue, I am still unclear about what is different about this dataset.  Its not causing any problems right now its just something strange I noticed...  If we find a solution, I will be sure to post it.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

If you create a copy of that dataset in the same gdb, does it still behave the same?

** Teat anything only after confirming that a proper database backup exists.

0 Kudos
SusanONeill1
New Contributor II

Savannah - I know this was quite a while ago, but did you ever find out what the problem was?   Our database is 10.4.1 and our desktop is 10.6.1, but we are having the same problem.  I saw some other posts about similar issues, but they were not exactly the same, although the response from ESRI on those seemed to be that because we can still assign and use privileges, the fact that they don't display for only one feature dataset is not something they're going to address.  Please let me know if you have any info.  Thanks.

0 Kudos