how i can deny gis user from export data on oracle sde

08-31-2014 05:54 AM
ahmadhasan
New Contributor II

i need to create user connected to sde but have a limit privileges so he cant export any data from oracle + sde

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This is not possible via Oracle or geodatabase properties.  Granting SELECT access gives a user the right to access that data for whatever reason.  If you don't trust the user, you can't give them any access to the table.

You can use ArcGIS for Server to create a web mapping service that does not permit feature streaming, but that would still not prevent coordinate capture, since even an image service's output can be digitized.

- V

0 Kudos
ahmadhasan
New Contributor II

thanks Vince , its not trust issue , but as you know DB privileges are created to classify users , so if i give user view permission he shouldn't have the ability to export data, and for alternatives solution yes i know that i can create gis server service , but i was thinking  esri solved this problem since its facing me for many years

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

How could Esri change the meaning of "GRANT select ON table TO user" within Oracle?

How could it possibly mean anything anything but "allow users access to this data from any client"? This certainly isn't an issue that Esri can address.

- V

0 Kudos