Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting invalid identifier when doing select by attribute query on table with joins

08-29-2012 05:23 AM
TimLangner
Regular Contributor
Hi there

I am currently doing some data comparisons in ArcMap 10.0.4. The data is stored in ArcSDE 9.3.1 which is hosted in an Oracle 10g R2 database.

I have three tables joined together, although I am only making comparisons between two of them. The one of the joins is not indexed but that should only affect the performance. They are joined so that only matching records are displayed.

The tables are:
Street_POLYGON
LLPG
ADDITIONAL_DATA

The tables are versioned and out of those only the Street_POLYGON table has archiving applied.

When I do the following select by attribute query though:
"USER1.Street_POLYGON.STREET" <> "USER1.LLPG.STREET"

I get the error:
Underlying DBMS error [ORA-00904: "V__5111.STREET": invalid identifier] [USER1.DBJoin6]

Now I have not set up any tables myself with the names V__5111.STREET or USER1.DBJoin6. Going directly into Oracle via SQL Developer I cannot locate either table in the database.

These must have been created by SDE from the joins I made and perhaps on the fly. Can anyone tell me what might be causing the issue? I'm clearly using identifiable names when I do the joins and type in the names.

Kind regards
0 Kudos
0 Replies