Georeferencing problem

Jump to solution
12-21-2017 10:43 PM
IuliaRoman
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am having a problem with ArcMap 10.5. 

I have hundreds of tiff images georeferenced in 10.3 but when I add them in 10.5 I cannot see them in the correct position anymore.

Does anyone know what to do?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
IuliaRoman
New Contributor II

There is a difference  I noticed.

The cell size in properties is different in 10.5 than in 10.3, although it is the same image I am adding in MAP.

Although I see this I don't know how to fix it...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

how was cell size given originally? 

What are the cell sizes and what is their difference?

have you examined any *.tif and/or *.aux files in a text editor?  report their contents if you have

0 Kudos
IuliaRoman
New Contributor II

So I have images georeferenced in 10.1 and in 10.3. The ones in 10.1 I can see perfect in 10.5. The ones georeferenced in 10.3 are not seen properly in 10.5.

The same image:

In 10.3 the cell size is like 0.026..., 0.026... and seen in the correct location

In 10.5 the cell size is like 2.533..., 2.6200 seen bigger but I think the rotation is correct

I tried to export the tif with the correct cell size and didn't work. Although that can't be a solution as i would have to export hundreds of tifs. 

I took a look at the *.tif and/or *.aux  but didn't see a difference to be honest. 

I would try to attach two images but I don't know how.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There may be a problem with your regional settings (1 see that the difference in cell size is a factor 1000). What decimal sign is configured currently? Did that setting change? Are you using 10.5 on a different system than where you use(d) 10.3?

0 Kudos
IuliaRoman
New Contributor II

The decimal sign is "."

The images where georeferenced on another computer with 10.3. The decimal sign on that computer is ","

A colleague has 10.4 the same decimal point as me but can see the images perfectly. 

I also have Arcgis Pro installed which works and sees de image where it should...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would check Map and Pro settings then to see if they are set to use Windows regional settings by default

IuliaRoman
New Contributor II

Thank you very much Dan and Xander!

It was indeed from ArcgisAdministrator - Advanced Configuration - Display Language - for me had to be English and not Display Language (English - United States).

THANK YOU!!

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Iulia Roman , can you mark Dan's post as the right answer? This way other users with similar problems can find the solution easier.