Georeferencing Google Earth Screenshots

03-26-2015 06:42 AM
HazelAng1
New Contributor

Hi all, I have recently georeferenced some screenshots from google earth by using Inputs X and Y and keyed in the lat long. However, I realised that the values I have keyed in have units as meters and not degrees. As such, I am having trouble now while trying to digitise some parcels because the combined raster image is too small for digitisation to be done.

How can I convert the units for the X and Y that I have keyed in from meters into degrees? Sadly, I accidentally deleted the individual georeferenced images after I have merged them into one using mosaic.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
SheldonBaker
New Contributor II

I am sure this is not the answer you are looking for.  But read carefully your Google Earth terms of service.  I believe they may prohibit this.  They make it difficult on purpose. So I have heard.  But you can probably get just as good imagery from ESRI.

0 Kudos
LianVon_Wielligh1
New Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your question, hope this is helps. Why don't you export your map as a jpeg and then import it again for georeferencing using baseman of your preference. I do a similar thing using aerial photography of forests for vegetation mapping.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

Try this link.

0 Kudos