Geodatabase Toolset (GDBT) for ArcGIS v.10

07-19-2010 11:24 AM
RachelBrowne
New Contributor
I heard a rumour at the ESRI International conference last week that there is no Geodatabase Toolset for V.10.

Could ESRI please confirm this and if this is indeed the case, how can we get this reinstated for the new version?

This is a toolset that we depend upon in our everyday management of SDE and if it is not available will significantly impact upon our plans to upgrade!!!!!
0 Kudos
37 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,

You heard correctly. At this time, there is no GDBT release for ArcGIS 10. Please note that the GDBT has always been an unsupported developer sample.

... how can we get this reinstated for the new version?

I suggest that you vote for this functionality on the ESRI Ideas.com site.

It has already been posted (in several forms) as an enhancement request:

1. Give me a GUI for ArcSDE
2. SDE Dashboard
3. Merge GDBT, MXDPERFSTAT, GDBDesigner, GDBDiagrammer, GDBReporter into ONE extension

FYI: one of Jack's ESRI UC preconference questions addressed the GDBT

Q: Will the geodatabase toolset become part of core ArcGIS Desktop?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hey Derek- your link sends me to a place called salesforce.com; is this where we need to go and then sign up for a free 30 day trial?  Seems kind of odd...
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hey Derek- your link sends me to a place called salesforce.com; is this where we need to go and then sign up for a free 30 day trial?  Seems kind of odd...

I had the same problem when the Ideas site was first opened. Try http://ideas.arcgis.com instead.

Melita
0 Kudos
MichaelHogan
New Contributor II
Hey Derek- your link sends me to a place called salesforce.com; is this where we need to go and then sign up for a free 30 day trial? Seems kind of odd...

Joe,

The links have been fixed to the right location on the Ideas Site.

Thanks
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Melita, Crystal, & Mike - Thanks to all of you for correcting my links!!!
🙂
0 Kudos
JasonHoward
New Contributor II
Seriously.  Why not just support this tool?  It's utility to the user community is obvious.
0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III
Jack answered this and I hope they stick to it:

Q & A
Data Management, Geodatabase

Yes. This functionality will become a part of ArcGIS. There is an ongoing development project to do this at the next release after ArcGIS 10.

In the ideas site they mention merging MXDPERFSTAT with this. I disagree MXDPERFSTAT has proven to be notoriusly unreliable to us in a key function we used to perform with GDB toolset in ArcGIS 9.2. That is the timing of fetching and drawing of features.  This fuinctionality was taken of GDBTOOLSET in 9.3.
0 Kudos
AndrewRudin
Occasional Contributor III
By next release he means 10.1 right? not 11?

Thanks for the info.

Hi there,

You heard correctly. At this time, there is no GDBT release for ArcGIS 10. Please note that the GDBT has always been an unsupported developer sample.

It has already been posted (in several forms) as an enhancement request:

1. Give me a GUI for ArcSDE
2. SDE Dashboard
3. Merge GDBT, MXDPERFSTAT, GDBDesigner, GDBDiagrammer, GDBReporter into ONE extension

FYI: one of Jack's ESRI UC preconference questions addressed the GDBT

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Andrew,

By next release he means 10.1 right? not 11?

I can't comment on this because it is still early in the development cycle for the next ArcGIS release.
We just released ArcGIS 10.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos