Geocoding Tool not Working

07-29-2014 07:00 AM
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor

I have built an address locator using a parcel feature class after running it through the standardize addresses tool. When I go to geocode my table of about 3,500 addresses, the process does not run, and says there are 0 matched, 0 tied, and 0 unmatched, with calculated speed N/A. I have been using this tool for years, and have never had this issue before. Why is this suddenly happening?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

How about providing a little more information like ArcGIS version, Database used, etc. 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS 10.1 SP1, in a local File GDB.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You've been "using this tool for years".  My suspicion is that your database isn't updated to 10.1.  That's the first thing I would be sure of.  Also, locators themselves underwent a major change at 10.1.  In addition to the the database itself, you may want to re-create your locator all together.

0 Kudos
MarcCusumano
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have been using this tool for years, and following the same methodology for years.

The database was created using 10.1 on the same day (today). It was created solely for this purpose. The data was standardized and the locator created today. I checked all address inputs and everything is exactly as it should be. The tool is simply aborting the operation before any processing is done.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

So, this tool; is it something you wrote , or had someone else write?  Can you geocode successfully without the tool?

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Are you locating using zones?  If not, you need to change the Match with no zones property to Yes.  It is set to no as the default for new locators for performance.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos