Geocoding Rematch Score Over Minimum

Jump to solution
07-29-2014 02:36 PM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

Hello!

I am using ArcMap 10.2 and I am trying to geocode a table of addresses and many of them are not matching even though they have scores much higher than the "Minimum match score".  For example, one of my addresses has a match score of 95.46 and my minimum match score is a 78.  Still this address is returning unmatched, and choosing Rematch Automatically doesn't fix it either.  I even saw a few addresses that had scores of 100, but still come back unmatched.

Does anybody know why these addresses are coming back unmatched, even though they meet the minimum match score?

I would appreciate any help!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You are getting multiple scores over your threshold value, so like if you had a tie, the geocoding wants you to pick the one that you find to be correct.  Raising your threshold value will reduce the number of unmatched if there are multiple matches.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

It looks like you had two matches with the same score, since it was a tie, it doesn't auto-assign, its up to you to select which of the tied records you want to use.  You could select the box that says match tied records, and it might take care of things, though surprisingly none are listed as "tied", you can clearly see you had two options for the 95.46 match score.

ISP_graynic

Thank you for the response Ian.  I tried checking the box that says match tied records but it is still returning some records though with a score well over 78.  I've attached another image.

geocoding2.jpg

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You are getting multiple scores over your threshold value, so like if you had a tie, the geocoding wants you to pick the one that you find to be correct.  Raising your threshold value will reduce the number of unmatched if there are multiple matches.

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos