Geocoding Question

12-12-2016 05:48 AM
KristiFuller
New Contributor

When geocoding intersections containing street names with a compound name such as Black Willow in W Black Willow St how do I set up the geocoding service so that it recognizes both words Black and Willow? Currently it recognizes only Black and it searches and shows matches for W Black St and does not include Willow.  So when geocoding the intersection of N Pine St and W Black Willow St it will search for and give results for Pine and Black not Pine and Black Willow.  Any insight on how to tweak my geocoding service would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

First-  what version of ArcGIS are you using?  Second, what type of locator are you using? 

Intersections are a little weird to work with;  I have an intersection of S Oak Hills Way and E Bonneville Dr.  Even thoguh all my streets are aliased to drop the predir and suftype, (  Oak Hills and Bonneville ), if I drop the predir, I won't get a hit.  I'm using 10.3.1 which IMHO is pretty buggy.

Perhaps friend and colleague sbritt-esristaff‌ can chime in.

That should just about do it....
KristiFuller
New Contributor

We are at ArcGIS 10.2.2 and using a US Address Dual Range locator style.  Looking upgrading ArcGIS soon if a newer version would solve this maybe sooner.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Shoot; I can't offer any help.  I was stuck at 10.0 and then jumped straight to 10.3.1.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KristiFuller
New Contributor

Thank you anyway.  I hope to upgrade soon also.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Kristi:

What version are you planning to upgrade to? Are you able to provide a small subset of the data that includes the streets in question?

0 Kudos