Finding Intersections

04-08-2011 05:43 AM
MelissaJohnson
Occasional Contributor II
I have a composite geocoder that I have built that uses addresses and street centerlines to locate addresses and intersections/blocks.  When I run my review/rematch and go in to try and match the unmatched addresses/locations, I am finding that I don't get any results for intersections when I search using the Review/Rematch task (even if I specify the individual locator for the Streets). 

The weird thing is that when I go in and look for intersections using the FIND tool under the LOCATIONS tab, using the same Composite Locator I used to Geocode the addresses and rematch them, I can pull the intersection right up...

This has got me completely bewildered!  Anyone have an idea of why this would be happening?
Any input is appreciated...
Melissa
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelissaJohnson
I should mention I am using ArcGIS 10 for this...
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
What is the intersection that you are trying to find?  I did find a couple tweeks that I can do with the locator style to fix this, but I want to verify that it works for your type of address.

Brad
0 Kudos
MelissaJohnson
Well I was looking at it further... I am using the Composite Locator with 2 different locators.  They are US Address - One Range (for streets) and US Address - Single House (for SITUS Address).  I figured out that a couple of the Input Mappings (City or Placename and Zip Code) were what was preventing the locations from being found in the Interactive Rematch dialog.  If I delete the contents of those 2 text boxes, it finds the intersection more often.

I only show 1 input mapping for street/intersection in the Composite Address Locator Properties dialog, but when I select the individual Streets locator in the Interactive Rematch it shows Street or intersection, City or Placename and Zip Code where I think it should only be showing the first of those.  I would expect that when I select my Streets locator under the composite rematch that only the text box for Street or Intersection would be visible.
Hope this makes sense!
Thanks,
Melissa
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Were your locators built with no city and zip fields?

Brad
0 Kudos
CarolinaBaumanis
New Contributor II

I'm having this same exact issue 11 years later and cannot figure it out lol 

0 Kudos