Enable Enterprise Geodatabase Tools Error (Oracle)

05-16-2022 02:41 AM
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

We are getting an error in geodatabase creation. We first created a database with oracle 19c version. Then we used the Enable Enterprise Geodatabase tool, and got the error in image #1.

Afterwards, when we created a database using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool with a different name, we got the error in the image number 2.

We got the same errors when we tried these processes with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and 2.6 or  ArcGIS10.7

Arcgis Pro 2.9.3

Oracle 19C3

64-bit client installed

1.png

2.png

Error_Oracle_Version.png

   

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

How was the Oracle database created on the 19c instance (i.e. scripting, DBCA, etc.)?

Where the steps here followed? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-oracle/setup-geodatabase-orac...

After the second error, are you able to connect to the geodatabase as SDE?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

@George_Thompson wrote:

How was the Oracle database created on the 19c instance (i.e. scripting, DBCA, etc.)?

Where the steps here followed? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-oracle/setup-geodatabase-orac...

After the second error, are you able to connect to the geodatabase as SDE?

Hi @George_Thompson 

"How was the Oracle database created on the 19c instance (i.e. scripting, DBCA, etc.)?"

Yes we are used DBCA

"Where the steps here followed? "

We followed the directions on this page and we have implemented all the work steps on the page

"After the second error, are you able to connect to the geodatabase as SDE?"

Although it says there is a database already exist, when we look through oracle, we see that it does not create the database.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok, for the second error, the Create Enterprise Geodatabase GP tool will not create the database in Oracle. It must be created in Oracle first. The tool adds the correct schema, tables, etc. to the database "shell" to make it an Enterprise Geodatabase.

I looked at the initial error again (#1). What the name of the enterprise geodatabase administrator used in that tool?

It MUST be "SDE". We do not support user schema EGDB's anymore.

--- George T.
0 Kudos