Select to view content in your preferred language

FDO ERROR: 2147216117

02-14-2012 01:39 PM
MCIHALWILTON
Deactivated User
hI,

I am using ARCGIS 9.3.1 for desktop with oracle and ARcsde, when i am trying to export a shapefile to oracle through sde, getting following error: FDO ERROR: 2147216117, anyone please can guide what might be the issue?

Best Regards,
Mic
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor
Mic,

It has been some time since your post.  Not sure if you have already found a solution.  FDO Error -2147216117 references a network failure "FDO_E_SE_NET_FAILURE".  If this issue is still occurring please post some additional info on your testing and errors, thanks.

- Jon
0 Kudos
PeteAtwood
Emerging Contributor
Hi Jon,
I have been having this problem for some time now.  I am running Arc10 on both xp and windows 7 64bit, our server is windows 2003.  When trying to edit and save shapefiles on a network drive we keep getting the network error FDO error: -2147216117.  Also, when saving sometimes it saves the edits correctly then exits edit mode even if the user does not stop editing.  Annoying.  Any help is this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
0 Kudos
DanielleKreamer
New Contributor
I was getting the same error.  Refreshed SDE connection in catalog. Still got error.  So I just gave up on trying to save edits and closed the mxd and reopened it.  Started editing again and added info into table of a new shape and now am not having any problems saving edits.
0 Kudos