Exporting ArcGIS data model shema only to Trimble TerraSync?

Jump to solution
04-22-2015 11:25 AM
MilesThompson
New Contributor III

Hello,

We recently purchased a Trimble Geo 7X and Trimble TerraSync/Pathfinder software under the premise of having to start from scratch with our new GIS.....after we received the unit, we found an open source ArcGIS data model for exactly what we are trying to do!

Is there an easy way to utilize the Data Model schema for data collection utilizing the fields and rules of the data model in the Terrasync software on our mobile device? (I am new to Trimble units, and haven't use ArcGIS since the ArcInfo days, 2005-2008 for reference)

Thanks,

Miles

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MilesThompson
New Contributor III

Just to update this thread...

We are using Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in for the ArGIS/TerraSync workflow. It works well enough for gathering data and populating a blank file geodatabase with corrected positions, and "most" of the schema attribute fields.

I am running into issues with TerraSync and relational database features (subtypes do not work well so far, and I have to manually update these fields in Arc). So, this will be an issue when we need to start more data management and updating workflows...at which point we will probably switch to using Collector with mobile devices and bluetooth receivers for reasonable accuracy for those workflows.

Miles

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MilesThompson
New Contributor III

Just to update this thread...

We are using Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in for the ArGIS/TerraSync workflow. It works well enough for gathering data and populating a blank file geodatabase with corrected positions, and "most" of the schema attribute fields.

I am running into issues with TerraSync and relational database features (subtypes do not work well so far, and I have to manually update these fields in Arc). So, this will be an issue when we need to start more data management and updating workflows...at which point we will probably switch to using Collector with mobile devices and bluetooth receivers for reasonable accuracy for those workflows.

Miles

0 Kudos