Export data in model builder

12-23-2015 08:48 PM
kapildev
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have 200 cities data in different feature class in one FGDB. My problem is i want to export data according to cities in different different folder and GDB in modal builder. so please tell me how to do this. Thanks in advance

Input is show below...                                                   

Output that i Want

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

In Modelbuilder one way to do this would be to use an Iterator to loop through the Feature Dataset, then have a function to create a new geodatabase as it loops each time.  The name could be transferred across from the iteration to your new geodatabases through the use of a in-line variable substitution.

Iterator examples

ArcGIS Desktop

In-line variable substitution

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Chris Donohue, GISP

kapildev
New Contributor III

tnx

But its create Only gdb. its not transfor data that we have.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Moved to Managing Data

since this is not Education specific

WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Just for fun I tested tested Chris Donohue, GISP ​suggestiion your model would look similar to the one in the graphic below. You will not need an in-line variable the iterate Feature tool output is available for use in the name for create File Geodatabase tool.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Wes, I think the model you set up needs one more step, a Copy Features tool to copy the input points to the newly created feature class.

kapildev
New Contributor III

Thanks Curtis Price for help me

But copy feature tool are not work. so tell me how to use this tool in model builder & which function are used in copy feature tool.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Curtis Price ​is correct see below.

kapildev
New Contributor III

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Curtis on the far right side I noted the precondition you may have to scroll to see it(see above). Thanks