Error: ???Revoke database owner from the SDE login???

12-17-2012 11:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Error: �??Revoke database owner from the SDE login�?�

I tried to �??create an enterprise geodatabase�?� but I got the error shown in the screenshots below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20014[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]20015[/ATTACH]
--------------
[To create an SDE schema geodatabase, revoke database owner from the SDE login.]
See the setup log in the following location for additional error information:
C:\Users\m\AppData\Local\Temp\sde_setup.log
Could not create  geodatabase tables and stored procedures.
Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).
--------------------

What might be the problem?

Thank you for the answer

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JSkinn3

Hi Jamal,

It appears you may have the 'sysadmin' role applied to your SDE user.  You can revoke this in SQL Server Management Studio by going to the Security folder > Logins> right-click on the SDE user > Properties > Server Roles.  Uncheck 'sysadmin'.
KarenLizcano1
New Contributor II

thanks!!!

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Hi Jamal,

It appears you may have the 'sysadmin' role applied to your SDE user.  You can revoke this in SQL Server Management Studio by going to the Security folder > Logins> right-click on the SDE user > Properties > Server Roles.  Uncheck 'sysadmin'.

Thank you Jake for the answer. It works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20018[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]20019[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: dougcurl

I just had this issue and that solution didn't work for me - I got a "not enough permissions" type error. But I followed the solution here: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40606

And simply re-connected to the geodatabase I wanted to enable with my "sa" user instead of "sde" and ran the "Enable Enterprise Geodatabase" Tool, and that worked.  So you might try that alternative if someone comes across this thread.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I just had this issue and that solution didn't work for me - I got a "not enough permissions" type error. But I followed the solution here: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40606

And simply re-connected to the geodatabase I wanted to enable with my "sa" user instead of "sde" and ran the "Enable Enterprise Geodatabase" Tool, and that worked.  So you might try that alternative if someone comes across this thread.

Thanks douglas. This is useful.

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos