Error in adding images to Mosaic Database

09-25-2013 11:18 AM
RebeccaLemons
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm new to using geodatabases, but I was told that was they way to go to since I am using my large amounts of landsat 4-5TM imagery. I have been following the ArcGIS guides and tutorials in creating file geodatabases. I am trying now to add my landsat imagery to my mosaic databases but it refuses to let me add them giving me what is listed below:

Start Time: Wed Sep 25 14:12:18 2013
2013-09-25T14:12:19.370: Loading raster datasets
2013-09-25T14:12:19.527: Completed crawling 93 data source items. Added 0 mosaic dataset items.
2013-09-25T14:12:19.527: Error: 8004205f: No new mosaic dataset item was added.
2013-09-25T14:12:19.792: Computing cell size levels
2013-09-25T14:12:19.792: Computing unique cell size values
ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
No mosaic dataset item selected. This operation cannot be performed.
No mosaic dataset item selected. This operation cannot be performed.
Failed to execute (AddRastersToMosaicDataset).
Failed at Wed Sep 25 14:12:19 2013 (Elapsed Time: 1.00 seconds)

I have the latest patches installed. I have tried just adding only one landsat image but it gives me the same error. I would like to add them as landsat imagery so I can run apparent reflectance and other functions on them. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Do you have any other raster images that you can try to create a mosaic dataset with as the issue might not be with your data, but your system in general?

Can you give a brief description of your steps to creating a mosaic dataset and adding raster images to the mosaic dataset?
0 Kudos
RebeccaLemons
New Contributor
Do you have any other raster images that you can try to create a mosaic data set with as the issue might not be with your data, but your system in general?

Can you give a brief description of your steps to creating a mosaic data set and adding raster images to the mosaic dataset?

I have tried it using Landsat 7 images as well and I get the same problem. After creating file geodatabase, then I add a new mosaic data set.  I have been selecting Landsat 6 bands when I create mosaic database. Once created, I right click and add rasters, then select the raster type of landsat 4-5TM (When I tried the landsat 7, I used Landsat 7 setting instead).  I have tried using workplace and file under the input data. Both will give me the error. I have the rest of the settings as is until I can get this problem figure out. I know later I want to remove the stretch function and create thumbnails, calculate statistics, and create pyramids.
0 Kudos
AndreyKolko
New Contributor
Tried to work with mosaic Landsat-7 (Landsat 4-5) in ArcGIS 10.1 SP 1 and encountered the same problem. The problem was solved?
0 Kudos
AndreyKolko
New Contributor
Found the reason: USGS changed MTL-file format in April 2013, so the tools ArcGIS 10.1 cannot process workspace.
0 Kudos