ERROR 000260: Failed to copy

16739
8
05-10-2013 04:13 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III
Hi all

when copying a feature dataset from one ArcSDE Geodatabase in 9.3 to another ArcSDe geodatabase in 10.0 I get the following error message:

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy [..... Network into  ... Network
Underlying DBMS error [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_index::ORA-29855: se ha producido un error en la ejecución de la rutina ODCIINDEXCREATE
ORA-20086: Error, Invalid Grid Size: 2nd and 3rd sizes must be at least 3 times larger than previous grid size.]
The index passed was not within the valid range.
Failed to execute (Copy).


any ideas in how to fix that?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III
The error is caused by an Invalid Grid Size. To fix it I copied the feature dataset to a file geodatabase,  opened all the features with ArcCatalog inside the feature dataset and recalculated the spatial index . Then the copy/paste from the FGDB to ArcSDE 10 worked.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24207[/ATTACH]

Hi all

when copying a feature dataset from one ArcSDE Geodatabase in 9.3 to another ArcSDe geodatabase in 10.0 I get the following error message:

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy [..... Network into  ... Network
Underlying DBMS error [Error executing PL/SQL Block db_stgeom_create_index::ORA-29855: se ha producido un error en la ejecución de la rutina ODCIINDEXCREATE
ORA-20086: Error, Invalid Grid Size: 2nd and 3rd sizes must be at least 3 times larger than previous grid size.]
The index passed was not within the valid range.
Failed to execute (Copy).


any ideas in how to fix that?
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Exactly

Go from SDE to personal or file and then back to SDE
0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I got the grid size error today when copying from SDE to file gdb. I restarted my computer and then I was able to do it

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

my error is below attempting to copy sde(10.1) to FGDB

ERROR 000260: Failed to copy C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.4\ArcCatalog\Electric.sde\LKW_GIS.DBO.ElectricComponents into \\datax\gis\Electric DB\Electric_DB.gdb\ElectricComponents
Failed to execute (Copy).

thats all i get

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Although from Pro, I believe the error message is the same with ArcMap:  000260: Failed to copy into .—Help | ArcGIS Desktop .

000260: Failed to copy <value> into <value>.

Description

While using the Copy tool, the input could not be successfully copied to its new location. This error typically occurs while copying data from one location to another.

The "in_memory" workspace is not supported as the output location.

Solution

Confirm that the output location is valid and does not contain any files that will interfere with a successful copy operation.

If the input data has attachments, ensure you have a license that supports attachment copying.

Does your input data have attachments?

I see you are copying, or trying to copy, to a file geodatabase on a network file share.  File geodatabases on network file shares can be finicky.  Just to eliminate some network-related issue, try copying to a local drive on the computer and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

my license does support attachments. I found out what the issue was. the enterprise GDB is synced with a third party vendor which uses object class extensions. Once I removed these I was able to copy everything successfully. I had to contact the vendor to get this info.... 

0 Kudos
PeterGranberg
New Contributor III

Another source of problem when paste fails is that the integrety of your FGDB might be bad. Recently, I had some layers with attatchments and other related tables (relationship classes). I renamed these in my FGDB to fit the naming convention in my Enterprise geodatabase.This caused the relationship classes to stop working, even if by a quick inspection of the relation properties, it seemed correctly related to the feature classes and tables with the new name. However, testing the relation in ArcMap showed that the relation was broken. I had to delete the relationship classes (and delete attachments) to create it all again after renaming the FCs/tables. Then I could copy/paste without any problem.

0 Kudos