Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 000210 : Cannot create output on Default.gdb

03-08-2013 07:43 AM
MaurizioAmbrosanio
New Contributor
When I set Default.gdb as output, I always get Error 000210 : Cannot create output.

I tryed to move Default.gdb to another forlder, and this do NOT run.

Using another geodatabase always went ok.

...why?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidOstanski
New Contributor
I was/am having the same issue once I upgraded to 10.1 sp1.  I cannot right click on a layer in the TOC and export to the default.gdb.  I can export to any other file geodatabase or sde.  It just doesn't work for the Default.gdb. 

Then just for giggles, instead of exporting to a folder connection that goes directly to c:\documents and Settings\<bubbastudwarrior>\My Documents\ArcGIS, I went to a folder connection mapped to c:\ and navigated to the ArcGIS folder with the Default.gdb and it worked.  Go figure? 

I don't know what is going on but this new "feature" sucks.
0 Kudos
MaurizioAmbrosanio
New Contributor

Then just for giggles, instead of exporting to a folder connection that goes directly to c:\documents and Settings\<bubbastudwarrior>\My Documents\ArcGIS, I went to a folder connection mapped to c:\ and navigated to the ArcGIS folder with the Default.gdb and it worked.  Go figure? 

... so strange...

However, I deleted the Default.gdb and replied it with a Default.gdb folder copied from another workstation, and it worked.
0 Kudos